Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tie-Dye Easter Eggs

It's that time of year again. I think I'm the only crafter that doesn't really like to craft holiday crafts (if you followed that sentence, you've gotten more sleep than me). Last week I was too busy to post. I was making things for the auction we were having at church to raise money for the youth. I made two signs and crocheted two beanies and tried to finish the felt bunny I was making.

Before I knew it, it was Friday and all I had were fuzzy pictures of my projects. See below.

But I know many of you will be dying eggs in the next few days, so I thought I quickly put up this post for tie-dye Easter eggs. The only problem is dying eggs like this goes quickly because you can do 4-5 at a time. But you don't need any egg dye...just vinegar and food coloring (I like the neon colors).

First you arrange the eggs in the colander and splash them with vinegar. This cup wasn't such a good idea. I found out the a little 1/2 tsp or medicine dropper works best. You don't have to coat the whole egg...just pour and let it drip around the eggs.

Then take your food coloring and put one drop on a few of the eggs.

Then gently roll the eggs around.

Then add your second color and gently roll your eggs around. Don't roll them around too much, or you'll just get brown eggs...just roll a little.


Then pick them up and set them on a paper towel for about a minute or so. Then lightly rinse an wipe dry. And here they are.


There you go! I hope you have fun dying eggs. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. So you can do this with raw eggs, right?
    Great idea... if I don't have to cook or blow them, I'm in.

    Hmm, kind of a blanket statement. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your tie-dye egg idea! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/easy-tie-dye-easter-eggs/

    If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete