Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brush Away the Cobwebs...

I'm just going to start typing. If I don't, I'll over think everything and never actually start this blog.

I've been hatching this plan for over a year now and I've finally told enough people about it that I think I better just start this thing.

So, for those of you who don't know me (and for those of you who don't know the real me), my name is Noreen and I'm a craft addict.  O.K. STOP! Before the word "craft" conjures up visions of toll painted angels and crochet toilet paper covers, I need to add a disclaimer. I'm addicted to COOL crafts. Actually, I'm addicted to not paying full price for something when I can make it myself.  I'm addicted to the warm satisfaction of answering the question, "Where did you buy that?" with, "I made it!!" I'm addicted to sour cream and cheddar potato chips...

I've had so many friends ask me to teach them to make the things I make. And I would love to, but there's no time (and I live far away from a lot of them).  I work full time and I'm a mother of three little ones. I'm highly involved with my church and with my extended family...and so, I decided to start Idea Attic as a way of sharing what's going on in my head...craft-wise and otherwise.

Now if you're not crafty, please still come and visit because I also make up games to play with my kids, I love to brainstorm ideas for birthday party themes and I love a challenge.  And, if you have a picture of something you want me to make...I'll try to figure it out and post the results.

I also hope that this can be a place where I can get ideas from all of you.  I'm looking forward to your comments.

So, is it a deal? Brush away the cobwebs that are blocking the view of creativity and come upstairs to the Idea Attic!

1 comment:

  1. It's fabulous Noreen. I just read the whole thing. I'm sending it on everyone I know. I think you should do a tv show! I'd tune in every day!

    ReplyDelete