Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Recipe Swap


One of the things I love most about summertime is Grilling for dinner.

There are endless summer recipes that I love to mix and match throughout the Summer.

And when Summer rolls around, there is one thing I always crave that reminds me of home. My mom's potato salad. I'm telling you, it's the best you'll ever taste! Today, while staying with my parents on vacation, my mom has given me permission to pass along the secret to her sauce. Forgive me for only one picture (I mentioned I'm on vacation right?) and last week while dishing up left-overs, I quickly snapped a picture to go with this recipe swap.


CoCo's Potato Salad:

5 lbs of Red Potatoes
6 hard boiled eggs, diced
1 large red onion, chopped/diced
4-6 dill pickles, sliced/diced
olives, sliced (optional)

* We like to leave the potato skin on the potatoes. If you choose to do this, cook your potatoes until tender in salted water. Cut into bite size pieces after the potatoes are cooled.

For the sauce:
1 16 oz jar of miracle whip or mayo (whatever you prefer)
3 Tbsp of French's mustard
1 envelope of dry Italian Seasoning (0.7 oz)
salt and pepper to taste


For presentation purposes (usually not done if we are anxious to dive in for just our family), you can slice eggs on top and sprinkle with paprika.


So anyone want to share their favorite summertime recipes? Let's swap! Leave your recipe in our comment section. We'd love to give it a try!


Thank you Mom (Grandma CoCo) ! She's my biggest fan! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment