Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Plan B or C

So I had this very cute project all done, I took pictures of it last night and was going to blog about it today, and this morning when I came downstairs I saw that it fell apart. I didn't have time to fix it, so I hurried the kids off to school and came into work. I thought, hmmm...Should I just not post today? I can't tell them how to do a project knowing that it might fall apart on them. So, I was resigned to go with plan B...which is just skip this week.

But in my delusional mind, I have an audience who awaits my projects from week to week. I think that's the same world where I'm skinny, don't have any gray hairs and my kids are easy to get ready in the morning. Alternate universe or not, I decided I needed to go with Plan C which is find something on my desk at work and make it into a great idea. My eyes fell upon my little cup full of binder clips. And this is what I came up with.

You know all that "scrap paper" that you mean to use? Well, here's a way you can make little notebooks for your kids or your purse (or man bag). Just clip the clips as a binding and take off the metal handles.  Wallah! (sp?) Just make sure you save the metal handles to reattach the clips or to refill your note pad.

I know it's not my usual project, but I don't think it's tooo bad for Plan C.
Looking around the internet I found other great uses for these fun Binder Clips. 
Maybe you have some great ideas that you want to share.

This is one of my favorites. For when you just need to walk out the door, this would fit nicely in the pocket. I found this pic from here.

Oh, my kids' bathroom could use this. I found it here.

So, cute! I just don't have the patience. But I think my daughters barbies would be extremely happy. I found these here.

Such a cute idea for a picture holder or place card holder, right? I found these here.

I think this looks cool, but what kind of life do you live that everything comes in perfectly sized stacks of paper. I was trying to blow up this picture to see exactly what those papers were. Was it an extensive chore chart? Flash cards? and then i read it and it said business cards. I don't know about you, but I don't have that many business cards at home. I found it here.

When I saw this I had to steal the picture because it goes along with Debbie's Monday post.
Weird huh? I call this the college picture frame. I found it here.

I love adding a little bling to everything and so I had to show this picture of the binder clip bling. I found it here.


I think this is a great idea for cards and even RECIPE cards while you're cooking. I found it here.

I LOVE this idea. I've used binder clips to keep my cords together, but I like this. Always accessible for my iPhone and my Nook. LOVE IT! I found it here.

And lastly, I just thought this was cute. This is something my son would do.
In fact, I might challenge him to see if he can reproduce this!!

 A couple of more Binder Clip uses are:
- chip clip
- you can build your own ipod dock (go to youtube.com and search)
- I've used them as clothes pins.
- okay...I'm about to confess...I used them once to hang a blanket in front of a window because we didn't have curtains yet. It was so ghetto!!!
- kids use them to help them build forts with the blankets.
- I've used them to keep game cards together in the game box.

O.K. I'm going to make sure the project I had planned for this week is all set for next week because it's really cute. Until next week!


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post! Way to think outside the box. I am never going to look at binder clips the same way again. Thanks for going with plan "C"!

    Kisses!
    Emily {WhipperBerry}

    ReplyDelete