Thursday, November 4, 2010

Under the Bell Jar...

It's been a while since I posted a transformation of a thrift store find. So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado...

I started with a dinner plate and a bathroom glass.

Each costing a whopping $.69 at the Salvation Army thrift store.

Then I did a little priming (done on a spooky, windy night out on my patio!)

When the primer was dry I painted them dark brown.

Once that was dry it was time to put a layer of crackle coat.

And I topped it off with a coat of red paint.

Once it was all dry I got out the gorilla glue, turned the plate over and glued down the cup.
(I got a little over zealous with the glue!)

turn it over, find yourself a bell jar ($7.99 at Home Goods!)

I had a small bowl of succulents that should do well under a jar. But I don't like the bright red pot on the barn red stand so I am now on a search for the perfect pot to transplant my plants into!

So easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment