Friday, August 13, 2010

Snack Jar version 2.0

Meet the family treat jar. Nothing spectacular. But in the world of a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old it's the most spectacular thing in the world! I usually fill it with oatmeal pies, chocolate covered granola bars or other assorted snack cakes. It sits in the corner of the kitchen counter where they can keep an eye on it and know what kind of treat will come their way after dinner if they've finished their meal without complaint.

Lately I've began to notice that our jar seems to be shrinking. It just won't hold enough treats to get us through a week! Either that or Little Debbie isn't so little anymore. Okay...so maybe it's the kids getting bigger with mightier appetites and the fact that Mom and Dad are taking lunches to work and dipping into the treat jar for an added bonus to a bagged lunch. So I've had my eye out for a bigger and jar. As luck would have it, the thrift store gods were smiling upon me. Meet version 2.0:



As I cleaned it and got ready to make the transition into our bigger and better jar I could hear the calling of the spray paint from our basement workshop. They questioned my decision to leave the jar with a plain old lid when there is so much cute red and black stuff in my kitchen. I couldn't resist the call of the spray paint so I immediately ran into the workshop and assessed my paint inventory. And my project began....

I removed the handle.



Painted the lid black (in my handy dandy spray paint amphitheater that my husband created for me).



Found a cute drawer knob.



Put it all together again....





Look how nicely it compliments my pepper mill....



Have a good weekend!





1 comment: